I really enjoyed coming up with this list of facts about me. I laughed at some and I almost I didn’t write some.
1. I was born on the 28th of February. Yes, I know I wouldn’t have had a birthday in some years if I were born on the 29th. People tell me that all the time.
2. Since God in my language (Ateso) is ‘Edeke’, I think that my last name, Adeke, translates to Goddess. I’m a goddess, you guys.
3. I love reading books. I mean, I live and breath books. I am happiest when I’m reading and when I have a book waiting for me to dive in. I don’t know what my life would be like if there were no books.
4. I don’t have a favourite music genre. I listen to all kinds of music, in whatever language as long as the song sounds good. That said, I think music and chores go well together. I can do any chore with the right music playing.
5. I like taking pictures. Well, I’m not a professional photographer but I am passionate about photography.
6. If I could spend my entire life doing one thing, that would be travel. I love travelling. I like to see new places and meet new people along the way. I don’t care if I sleep in a tent or in a hotel. I’m all about the memories I make when I’m out there.
7. I have two tattoos. One is a little heart shape on my wrist that I adore. The other is the world map just above my ankle. My dream is to travel the world, so I thought I’d have it on my skin in the meantime. I think I’ll have a third tattoo soon. That will be last one.
8. I’m a sucker for board games and quizzes and crossword puzzles. My favorite board games are chess and Scrabble.
9. I am obsessed with being organised. I try to make sure that’s everything is in order and symmetrical.
10. My nickname when I had just joined high school was ‘Teensy’ because I was very tiny.
11. I have alektorophobia. It’s the fear of chickens. I can never hold one but I like it deep fried.
12. Not to brag, but I’m very good at keeping time. I hate it when I’m late so I would rather be too early and wait than be late.
13. I don’t play any sports. There’s a time I wanted to start playing Frisbee but procrastination got the best of me. However I find basketball a fun sport to watch.
14. If I could have one superpower, it would be reading minds. Imagine knowing what someone else is thinking about.
15. I hate the smell of freshly cut grass. It makes me want to puke.
16. My favorite colors are turquoise and burgundy. I don’t like red. That’s why I prefer sunflowers to red roses.
17. I don’t like energy drinks. I once took Red bull and I didn’t sleep a wink the entire night.
18. I wish people didn’t type in short hand at all. I find that extremely childish.
19. My favorite ice cream flavor is caramel.
20. I overthink things way too much.